The mission of the San Luis Obispo County SELPA is to be capacity builders, facilitators, and connectors for students, families, and member districts within one statewide coherent system of support in which all students are provided inclusive opportunities for continuous improvement, especially those students who are furthest from success.
What is a SELPA?
The San Luis Obispo County SELPA office is responsible for the implementation of San Luis Obispo County Special Education Local Plan, and for ensuring a free appropriate public education to all students with identified disabilities according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act PL 94-142 (amended by PL 108-446, 2004). The San Luis Obispo County SELPA is a multi-district SELPA, serving over students with disabilities in the 10 districts in San Luis Obispo County, the San Luis Obispo County Office of Education, and charter schools.
Areas of focus for the SELPA are:
- Identification and assessment of children with disabilities
- Procedural Safeguards for children/families
- Program review
- Professional Learning
- Interagency Agreements
- Data collection/reporting to California Department of Education
- Facilitation of a Community Advisory Committee
- Alternate Dispute Resolution
- Curriculum/program development
- Fiscal Management
8005 Morro Road, Atascadero, CA 93422
(805) 782-7301 ph | (805) 466-1473 fax